Paronychia Home Treatment:- The infection named as paronychia takes place when the area around your toenail or fingernail is damaged while carrying on with manicure or pedicure. When you cut your long nails and hangnails too much, this can give rise to paronychia. People were having diabetes suffer from this problem more vigorously. People suffering from paronychia also suffer from various symptoms. It includes swelling around a nail, pain as well as redness. There are also treatment procedures to stay away from such problem. If you go with medicine and medical methods of treating such illness, it can take a long time. But, you can also try out some effective home remedies to get fast relief and stay away from side effects. Some treatment procedures will take several months to cure this health disorder.
Symptoms Of Paronychia
- Swelling around the nails
- Abnormal shape or detached nail
- Occasionally, unusual color of the pin.
- Fever, Chill, Weakness
Causes of Paronychia
Usually, individuals who are at risk of paronychia are:
- Have diabetes.
- Have a fungal nail infection.
- Exposes feet and hands in the water a lot.
Treatment Of Paronychia
Here we have discussed some home remedies for Paronychia which provide relief.
Salt And Water
Soaking palms and feet in salt water wards off the pus from the affected area.
- Take a bucket of hot water.
- Add 2 tbsp of salt to it.
- Mix it well.
- Soak your toenails and fingernails in it for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day.
You can also check out: – Home remedies for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Aloe Vera is one the best and most used home remedy to treat paronychia as it contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is readily available everywhere, and usually, it doesn’t cost very much.
- Take aloe vera leaves and extract gel from it.
- Apply the gel directly to the affected area.
- Wait for 30 minutes then wash your affected area with water.
- To treat paronychia quickly repeat this remedy 3-4 times in a day.
You can also check out: – Bronchitis Treatments
Apple Cider Vinegar
The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar kills the infection causing germs and treats paronychia.
- Take a small tub.
- Add a cup of apple cider vinegar in it.
- Now add an equal amount of water to it.
- Soak your hands or feet in this solution for half an hour.
- Repeat this procedure three times a day.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Athlete’s Foot
Yes, you have heard right, Indian Lilac or Neem has the variety of antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take some Indian lilac leaves and boil it for 10 minutes.
- Then make the water little cool.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- This is effective as well as the safe remedy that helps you stay far away from this critical problem of paronychia.
You can also check out: – Treatment of Tonsillitis
You can also use gloves whenever you wish to touch too much water. Some people tend to feel and to handle water too much. Paronychia can give rise to bacterial or fungal infection. To protect your skin near your fingernails from paronychia, it is important to use gloves.
You can also check out: – How To Treat Chondromalacia
Tea Tree Oil
This is very effective for Paronychia Treatment. It contains antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Take 2 tbsp of tea tree oil and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Mix it well.
- Apply the solution on the affected area.
- Massage your affected area for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this three times a day.
You can also check out: – Ingrown Toenails Treatment
It is an anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiseptic and antiparasitic. This is an excellent remedy to stay away from fungal infections. It also removes the excess of pus and treats paronychia.
- Take few drops of oregano oil.
- Apply it to the affected cuticles and nails.
- Then gently massage your affected area.
- Repeat this remedy two times a day for the quick result.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Pinworms
Betel leaves are used from ancient times to treat paronychia. It is both antibacterial and antifungal.
- Take some betel leaves.
- Grind them to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area.
- Tie a clean and dry cotton cloth around the affected area.
- Repeat this procedure daily for a week.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Hangnails Infection
Lemon used as best paronychia home treatment. It will quickly help you reduce your pain effectively.
- Take a glass of warm water and squeeze some drops of lemon juice in it
- Mix it well with a spoon and dip your swollen hand finger as well as feet
- Repeat this two times a day
You can also check out: – Herbal Treatment For Psoriasis
Most households usually have hydrogen peroxide with them. They use it for any work or other. Now, you can use this hydrogen peroxide to treat it at home correctly. You have to apply chemical on the infected area where you have problems with pain and swelling. Fingers can also be eliminated on the fingertips through this fantastic treatment.
You can also check out: – Ringworm treatment
Mustard oil is another excellent natural home remedy that can help in removing the infection, and it comes with a bonus of moisturizing your fingers. Soak your fingers in oil for at least fifteen minutes per day.
You can also add lemon oil. If your finger is yellow, do not worry, sometimes it happens, it will run on your own.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Scabies
Above mentioned home remedies may take few weeks to treat paronychia so be patient. They are inexpensive and readily available. You may also try a combination of the solutions mentioned above. If none of those mentioned above remedies helps you, please consult your doctor immediately. Remember, if it is not treated timely it may result in complete or partial loss of the nail.