Nausea is something that most of us are all too familiar. From ending up with an upset stomach after the pangs of gluttony strike to plain old food poisoning. The causes of nausea are numerous and incidentally, so are the home remedies for it.
Throwing up can be an awful experience, but once you are done with it, you end up feeling a whole lot better. Here are some home remedies for nausea.
Top 10 Home Remedies For Nausea And Vomiting
Peppermint is an excellent home remedy for nausea as it calms the lining of your stomach, thereby getting rid of the vomiting sensation. What’s more, it also helps to prevent cramping.
Peppermint can be used in the following ways:
- Place a teaspoon of dry peppermint leaves in a cup. Pour hot water over it and allow it to steep for five minutes after covering it. Add a teaspoon of honey to this for taste. Sip on the tea while it is warm.
- An alternative for you to try out is to place a drop of peppermint oil on a tissue. Inhale the scent taking deep breaths. It will help you feel better instantly.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Food Poisoning
The aromatic and soothing properties of clove help in the reduction of nausea. Popularly used to treat nausea and morning sickness associated with pregnancy, this spice is all you need to say goodbye to those uneasy feelings.
To use cloves
- Add a teaspoon of clove powder to a cup of boiling water, allowing it to steep. Post which, you will strain it. Drink this tea whenever the sensation occurs.
- Similar to peppermint oil, clove oil can be put on a handkerchief. Inhale the scent till you see an improvement.
- Chewing cloves is a quick approach that provides the same results as the previous remedy.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps to ease that queasy feeling associated with nausea contributing to calm your stomach, at the same time aiding detoxification. You can also use it in the treatment of food poisoning due to its antimicrobial properties.
For this remedy:
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of honey. Add this to a glass of water; consume it whenever necessary.
- You can freshen your breath with a teaspoon of vinegar that has been diluted with half a cup of water.
You can also check out:- How To Stop Diarrhea Naturally
One of the best home remedies for vomiting is cumin as it stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes which helps to get rid of the feeling of nausea.
For this remedy:
- Mix a teaspoon of ground cumin seeds in warm water and drink it.
- You can also mix a teaspoon of cumin seeds with a pinch of nutmeg in warm water. Steep it for a few minutes. Strain the mixture and consume it.
- To a teaspoon of honey, add cumin powder and cardamom powder. Take a spoonful of this mixture whenever required.
Milk and Toast
Bland food work like a charm to tame your tummy, in particular, milk and bread. Bread helps to absorb the excess acid while the milk coats your stomach. Drinking milk on an empty stomach is a bad idea, even if you love your milk. Milk toast helps in most cases when your stomach is irritated from pain medications.
- Heat a cup of milk till it’s hot. Pour it into a bowl. Toast a slice of bread and crumble it, adding it to the milk. What now?? When should you take it?
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For UTI
It’s no myth that the smell of citrus can cut right through the ugly feeling of nausea. It calms your stomach, calming you in the process.
- Slice a lemon in half and smell it. Ensure that you don’t keep it too close to you, however.
Want to nip nausea in the bud? Turn to the humble onion. The antibiotic properties of onion make it an effective home remedy for nausea as it can help rid you of nausea almost instantly.
For this remedy:
- Mix a teaspoon of onion juice with a teaspoon of grated ginger. Consume this at regular intervals.
- You can also mix two teaspoons of honey in a cup of onion juice. Drink a tablespoon of this mixture whenever the nauseousness surfaces.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids
Fennel helps to treat nausea as it prevents the formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract. It contributes to treating conditions such as intestinal gas and flatulence. Pregnancy nausea can also be treated with fennel, but take care not to take it in excess.
There are two ways to use fennel seeds:
- To a cup of hot water, add a teaspoon of fennel seeds. Cover this and allow it to steep for around ten minutes. Add a few drops of fresh lemon juice to this. Consume the tea as required, chewing on the seeds soon after.
- You can also choose to chew on the seeds whenever the feeling surfaces.
There’s more to cinnamon than just a spice for your favourite dishes. Cinnamon possesses chemicals that help to relieve nausea. It can also help to soothe an irritated stomach caused by indigestion, acid reflux, and gas. It treats vomiting as well.
For this remedy:
- Boil a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of water for ten minutes. You can also use cinnamon sticks for the same.
- Strain the mixture and add a tablespoon of honey to it.
- Drink this when the feeling surfaces.
Note:- Pregnant women should refrain from drinking cinnamon tea.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Stomach Ache
Placing a cold compress on the back of your neck helps to ease nausea. The queasiness will instantly go. Obtain a cool compress ice pack or a washcloth soaked in cool water. When lying down, place the compress beneath your neck. It helps to relieve any nausea that is caused by anxiety.
Crackers are also a traditional home remedy for nausea and vomiting. They have a mild flavour making them easy to digest. They also give you nutrition that you require for recovery.
Spare yourself of the grievances that come with nausea. Nip it in the bud with these home remedies for nausea before you throw up all that you ingested!