Our mother nature has given us many resources, among them, one is Lemongrass Essential Oil, it is a boon of life for us, its priority is its essential place in the kit because its anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-microbial properties are there.
During ancient times this oil was used to cure fever, indigestion, and inflammation. Because of its property to induce sleep, it also used as a sedative. Today it is not only used to cure many health issues, but also to control odor and as cleaners, deodorants, and room fresheners. It also used in various cosmetics and skin care products.
Lemongrass oil has a thin watery viscosity and is bright yellow to reddish color. It has a fresh and robust citrus aroma and thus used in aromatherapy and as an insect repellent.
How To Extracted Lemongrass Essential Oil?
Lemongrass essential oil extracted through the process that is chopped and removed from the dried lemongrass. Lamgrass is also known as Cymbopogon, and it is a perennial plant that belongs to the Poetic grass family. It is long and found in the sub-tropical and tropical regions. It grows in clumps; some leaves are light green and have sharp edges. Oil obtained from these leaves
You can also check out: Health Benefits Of Cascara Sagrada
Lemongrass essential oil can spread with the help of a vaporizer. It can be breathed, can be included, or can be applied on top, to ensure its efficiency, let’s take a look at its nutritional profile.
Medical Analysis of Lemongrass Essential Oil
This oil is rich in following nutrients:
- Iron-Lemongrass essential oil is high in iron levels. Lemongrass oil helps red blood cells to carry oxygen to the brain and other body parts.
- Magnesium – This is an essential mineral, and it is vital to maintaining the health of skin and bone. It keeps the level of blood glucose within normal range.
- Vitamin B complex- It is rich in B-vitamins which are essential for metabolic functions.
You can also check out: – Health Benefits Of Basil And Milk
In addition to nutrients, this oil contains calcium, copper, folate, magnesium, pantothenic acid, potassium, protein, vitamin C, and zinc.
Lemongrass oil is known to kill citrine and limonene bacteria present in this oil, to prevent their growth and to reduce inflammation. The mild and clean odor of this oil relieves stress and relaxes the mind and body.
In the presence of the nutrients as mentioned above and other compounds, lemongrass essential oil provides antibacterial, antiseptic, analgesic, sedative, artificial and astringent properties. Lemongrass oil can quickly reach for most of the diseases. It increases the normal functioning of the body’s body such as respiration, nerve, excretory and digestive tract. It allows the absorption of nutrients in the body and strengthens the immune system
Healthy Benefits Of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Muscle dysfunction – Due to being anti-inflammatory, it provides immediate relief from muscle pain. Also, it improves circulation of blood and reduces cramps, sprain, and cramps.
You can also check out: – Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
- Treat wounds – Lemgrant essential oil is antiseptic, and you can clean it to injure it, and you can accelerate treatment.
- Indigestion – It helps in digestive tract and digestion. It also relieves dissatisfaction and treats gastric ulcers, gastritis and pain in the stomach. Also, it is instrumental in treating nausea, vomiting, and stomach aches.
- Reduce the fever – Lemongrass essential oil not only kills the pathogen and virus caused by the disease but also prevents the spread of toxicity spreading. Thus, it reduces the fever.
You can also check out: – Health Benefits Of Cascara Sagrada
- Bug repellant – The strong odor of this oil is very useful in keeping bugs, mosquitoes, flies and other worms away. You can apply it to the casing with coconut oil or jojoba oil and use it in your open area to prevent mosquito and bite pests.
- Skin health – It acts as a lightly astringent and an antimicrobial. By sterilizing skin pores, it works as a natural toner. It also rejuvenates the cells, strengthens the skin tissues and gives glowing skin.
- Stress Buster – The crisp and fresh aroma of the Lemongrass essential oil leaves the mind; it leaves the anxiety and depression. Besides, it is known for the treatment of insomnia and improves the quality and duration of sleep.
You can also check out: – Onion For Hair Growth
- Reduce high blood pressure – Being a vasodilator, it reduces blood vessels and reduces high blood pressure.
- Diuretic – It acts as a diuretic and removes toxins from the body.
- Removes terrible odor – Due to the fragrance of its fruits and soil, lemongrass essential oil used as an award from the air fresheners and deodorizers and the smell of a scent.
How To Use Lemongrass Essential Oil?
Just do not have enough knowledge of any essential oil, you should know them should use them. Below are some guidelines for using lemongrass essential oils
- Add some drops of oil to your bathtub in water filled with water. Soak yourself for a few minutes to reduce muscle pain and relax the whole body.
- Add some drops of Jojoba oil or almond oil and have a body massage.
- To keep the pests away, put some drops of this oil in the floor cleaner.
- Mix the essential oil lemongrass with water in the ratio of 1:10 and use it as a mist.
- Add some drops of moisturizer, shampoo, soap, and lotion.
- Add two drops to one cup of tea and drink it to remove pain in the stomach. It is better if you consult with a doctor, before taking it internally in dilute form.
How Is Safe Lemongrass Essential Oil?
The essential oil of lemongrass is highly therapeutic, but potent oils too. Before using it, you should be aware of its side effects.
- It can cause irritation, rashes, discomfort and burning in sensitive people. Lemongrass oil is better if you have to use it before the patch test done.
- Those who are suffering from diabetes have hypoglycemia or anti-hypertensives or oral diabetes medicines because it can lower blood pressure and glucose levels.
- Oral intake should be avoided by pregnant, nursing women and children because it is potent oil
However, for most people this oil is completely safe in small quantities, so do not forget to add it to your first aid box and the benefits of its health benefits.