How To Treat Scabs On Scalp: – Having a scab on the position of the skull can be a shameful nuisance, especially if it causes scabies and covers the entire head. In many cases, there are results of skin disorders or just a dry scalp. There is no reason to worry unless they are infected. We find the highest cause of scabs on the scalp and home remedies which would naturally be able to cure this condition.
Home Remedies For Scabs On Scalp
To get rid of scabs scalp, you should try warm compress treatment as it makes your scabs softer and decreases the size of it. It also provides an instant relief from pain.
- Take a towel and dip it in a hot water and remove excess amount of water from it.
- Cover this warm towel around your head.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes so that your scab become soft.
- Now remove loose scabs from head using a comb.
- Repeat this scab on scalp remedy once daily.
You can also check out: – How To Use Onion For Hair Growth
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is the best way to get rid of scabs on scalp. It contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that reduce the symptoms of scab scalp. On the other hand, ACV also balances the pH level on the scalp and reduce redness and itching caused due to scab scalp.
- Take 2 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar and a cup of warm water.
- Mix them together and wash your hair with this solution.
- Then, massage your scalp for 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a week for itchy scabs on scalp.
Aloe Vera helps in reducing pain and itching and it also protects scabs from various infection. Additionally, it also moisturizes your dry scalp and maintains its pH level.
- Simply take aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from it.
- Apply this gel directly to the scalp and gently massage your scalp.
- Leave it for 1 hour so that scalp soaks aloe vera gel.
- Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a week to get rid of white scabs on scalp.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Dandruff Permanently
Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil contains an antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing itchiness and redness caused due to scab scalp. It also cleanses, removes infectious organisms and revives the scalp.
- Take 10-12 drops of tea tree oil and 1/2 cup of almond oil.
- Mix them together and apply this solution directly to the scalp.
- Gently massage your head so that scalp absorb the oil.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes then wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a week to heal scabs on scalp.
Jojoba oil also helps in treating scab scalp. Due to its moisturizing nature, it balances the level of oil on your head, which is important to fight dry skulls and scabs.
- Take few amounts of jojoba oil and apply it on your head just before going to bed.
- Gently massage your scalp for few minutes so that oil gets absorbed by the scalp.
- On next morning wash your head with mild shampoo.
- Repeat this treatment 2 times in a weak to treat red scabs on scalp.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Eczema
You can also use lemon juice to get rid of scab scalp symptoms i.e., itching and redness as it contains antiseptic properties. After the dry skull problem is resolved, scabs are usually easy to move.
- Take 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Mix them together and apply it directly to the scalp.
- Leave it for 10 minutes then wash your head with mild shampoo.
- Repeat this scabs on scalp remedy 3 times in a week.
The Indian lilac, also called neem, is highly effective for treating any type of scalp problem. There are antibacterial and antifungal properties which help in preventing infection and help in accelerating the treatment.
- Take 20-30 neem leaves and make it boil in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the leaves, cool the water to a comfortable temperature and use it to rinse your hair.
- Repeat this home remedy once daily to treat scabs on scalp.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of A Stye
If you constantly scratch your head then you invite infection and permanent scarring. The condition of the underlying health, skin disorders, and even the continuous use of hair dyes can cause head damage. You should be aware of the level of potential infection and what can be done to avoid hair loss. Most scabs disappear on their own, but there are home remedies for the treatment of symptoms and accelerate the treatment process.