How To Get Rid Of SilverFish: – Silverfish is a tiny insect of carrot shaped and silvery scales on its body and also known as Lepismasaccharina. It is not very harmful, but once it infects your place, then it is tough to get rid of them. You can find silverfish anywhere in our house, i.e., in bathrooms, kitchen, storerooms, and other places which contains moisture. Silverfish are very much annoying and if you get tired of them then check out simple home remedies to get rid of silverfish.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of SilverFish
Here are top 6 home remedies to repel or get rid of silverfish:
Cinnamon is the best way to get rid of silverfish. Silverfish can’t tolerate the smell of cinnamon, and they get rid of that place where we put cinnamon stick. Silverfish were found in kitchen, bathrooms, storerooms, cabinets, drawers so to remove them just place the cinnamon stick. You can also make cinnamon pouches and hang them in different places. Just keep in mind that if the cinnamon smell gets decreases then replace them with a new one.
You Can Also Check Out: – How To Get Rid Of Raccoons Naturally
Diatomaceous earth is another home remedy for silverfish. After using this powder silverfish immediately die due to dehydration. This powder does not harm pets.
- Take diatomaceous earth and sprinkles them were you see the silverfish in the tremendous amount.
- You can also sprinkle on that area where they appear, i.e., in bathrooms and kitchen.
- Clean the area properly where they died.
You Can Also Check Out: – How To Get Rid Of Aphids
Cucumber is also used to get rid of silverfish. Silverfish can’t be able to tolerate the smell of cucumber peel. It prevents your house from entering into silverfish in your home.
- Take some cucumber and separate the peel from it
- Place the cucumber peel in that area where silverfish present.
- Replace the peel when it gets dried off.
You Can Also Check Out: – Home Remedies For Fleas
Boric acid is a poisoning for all types of insect including silverfish is caused by starvation and dehydration of insects. Using this remedy is one of the most effective ways to get rid of silverfish in your home.
- Take boric acid and sprinkle them on the affected area.
- Clean the area when silverfish died.
- Do not spread powder on the floor if you have a pet just use a solution of boric acid and water.
You Can Also Check Out: – 8 Easy Ways To Get Rid Of Deer Flies
Yea, you have heard right naphthalene balls is not only used in clothes but also used to get rid of silverfish from a moist area. Naphthalene balls as citrus in nature which help in killing and protect your house from all kind of insects including silverfish. You have to put these naphthalene balls on that area where silverfish appear. Unlike citrus peel, naphthalene balls are toxic to silverfish.
You Can Also Check Out: – How To Get Rid Of Possums From Your Garden
Table salt is another way to get to kill silverfish. Silverfish can’t tolerate salt, ingest far too much and eventually die due to dehydration. This measure may take some time to work, but it is quite useful. The salt sprouts around rocks and cracks, where the silverfish is activated. Epsom salt can also use.
You Can Also Check Out: –Home Remedies For Chigger Bites
Prevention Of Silverfish
Here is some prevention which prevents you place from silverfish.
- Reduce Humidity From House
- Fill all the crack in the floor and wall
- Do not place food in the open area
- Clean your house regularly