Ringworm is an infection caused by a fungus which affects your nails, scalp, and skin. It is typically a disease that affects different areas of your body. Though ringworm isn’t as dangerous as psoriasis, it can be easily treated. While this is a condition that arises mainly in children, it can affect adults as well. The situation becomes dangerous only when it affects the scalp. There are different types of ringworms that affect specific parts of the body.
There are a wide variety of ringworms which can affect your skin and body. The symptoms of each include itchy, raised, red, scaly patches that result in blisters and oozing.
If ringworms aren’t treated properly, it can lead to many complications, spreading to other parts of your body. It is, after all, a fungal infection. Natural remedies do exist that help treats the condition, but if it persists, it is best to consult a doctor. Here is how you can get rid of ringworm.
Symptoms of Ringworm
To identify the type of ringworm on your body, it is essential to detect the presence of this skin condition. When it appears on the skin, it creates circular, red patch with large size boundaries, as they grow up. The centers of affected areas become clear, and they look like rings.
- Tinea capitis (scalp): This type of ringworm starts with a small size pile which is more substantial and forms a circular pattern.
- Tinea manus (Hand): This stain affects the hands and changes the positions between the fingers.
- Tinea pedis (Feet): This can be the reason for scaling in the spaces between the toes of the feet. This can be the reason for thickening and scale as well as high heels and soles.
- Tinea unguium (Nail): This minimum becomes thick, thin and yellow due to nails and tony.
- Tinea cruris (Groin): It is also known as Jock itching, causes the cause of itching, scabby, red and sometimes painful rash in the gene region.
- Tinea corporis (Body): This common type of stain produces flat, round and scrattle spots on the skin.
- Tinea faciei (Face): Tinea Fossi influences the face by producing red, scalable patches on the skin.
Safe Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Ringworm
Use Water And Soap
When you have ringworm, then clean your affected area as much as possible. This will stop the rash from spreading in the whole body and make it under control.
Before using any herbal remedies, wash the affected area with clean water and antibacterial soap. After washing the affected area, dry the area thoroughly because moisture makes it easier to spread the fungus.
You can also use pine or coal-tar-soap as it the best herbal remedy for ringworm, but these options irritate sensitive skin.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Rosacea
It is one of the best home remedies to get rid of Ringworm as it contains chemical compounds such as allicin and ajoene which boast of antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Take some garlic and prepare a paste of it.
- Then, add few drops of olive oil to add some moisture to the paste.
- Then apply the paste directly to ringworm and cover it with the bandage.
- Leave it for 1 hour and then wash it with warm water.
- Repeat this ringworm remedies at least two times in a day.
To get rid of ringworm at home, any person needs simple and effective methods; turmeric is all that you need. As turmeric contains antibiotic properties.
- Take 2 tbsp of turmeric and 1 tbsp of milk.
- Mix it well until it becomes like a paste.
- Apply this paste directly to affected area.
- Leave it for 15-20 min. And then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice a day until the condition vanishes completely.
You can also check out: – Cold Sores Treatment
If you ever feel the need for home remedies to get rid of ringworm, then do not hesitate to turn Aloe Vera. Aloe vera is used in the treatment of many skin conditions, so it is no wonder that there is also a clue for our stain for this stain.
- Cut an aloe vera and take a gel out of it.
- Apply this gel to the affected area overnight.
- On next morning, Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy until you get rid of ringworm.
Mustard seeds are modest in measure however they are incredible specialists to cure ringworm. Splash the mustard seeds in water for 30 minutes and granulate them to make a thick glue. The glue should be connected to the tainted skin to give alleviation from tingling and aggravation.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Scabies (Itching)
Lemongrass tea is the best remedy to reduce the ringworm as it contains antifungal and anti-bacterial properties in it.
- Drink lemongrass tea 3-4 times a day.
- Take lemongrass tea bag.
- Apply it to the affected area for 10-15 min.
- Repeat this thrice a day for better result.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Any list related to home remedies will be incomplete without the universal apple cider vinegar. Apple Cider Vinegar has many benefits, and treatment ringworm is one of those. When treating the rings, salt apple cider makes an ideal companion for vinegar, which dries out the depth patch that has separated from the excessive scratch. ACV creates an acidic environment which is difficult for fungus due to herpes, thus eliminating it for good.
- At the top of our head is a mixture of one teaspoon of salt in one spoon of apple cider vinegar. You can apply this paste directly to the affected areas and leave it for about five minutes or more. Follow this remedy twice or three times a day for good results.
- Alternatively, add a quarter of a cup of sea salt, in the basin filled with diluted apple cider vinegar. Immerse the affected areas anywhere from thirty minutes to one hour in this solution. Repeat this process every day.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Herpes
Tea Tree Oil
You can also use tea tree oil as it is very useful in treating a fungal infection like ringworm, cryptococcosis. Native Australians traditionally use tea tree oil as an antifungal and antibacterial, and it is used today for the same purpose.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in a tea tree oil.
- Apply this cotton ball directly to the affected area.
- For sensitive skin dilute tea tree oil with coconut oil then use it.
- To get rid of ringworm repeat this remedy 2-3 times in a day.
The utilization of coconut oil for silver hair and treatment of other hair and scalp issues is outstanding. The mending properties found in coconut oil are much viable in treating ringworm contamination. This is a straightforward fixing which can found in your home. The oil gives excellent help from the bothersome skin while influencing the zone to be smooth and delicate. Coconut oil is likewise extraordinarily utilized as a part of treating scalp ringworms. You have to apply the oil to the influenced range overnight. By doing this, you will wipe out develop and buildup of the contamination.
You can also check out: –Best Acne Treatment
You can also use lavender oil alone to get rid of ringworm. There are substantial antifungal effects in it. Studies have shown that lavender oil does not stop the fungi from further development, but it kills the fungal infection thoroughly. This will help you get rid of the disease. Thus implementing a few drops of oil on the affected area will help you to treat your ringworm.
The strong antibacterial and antifungal properties that rosemary and thyme oil possess make them important to get rid of ringworm.
Mix three or five drops of oregano oil, rosemary oil and sweet almond oil along with a couple of drops of thyme oil. Apply this mixture to the affected areas thrice a day.
You could also apply oregano oil directly to the area which has the ringworm. Oregano oil has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which effectively cures fungal infections.
Camphor Oil is loaded with properties which help to fight ringworms, the main one being it’s antifungal property.
- Mix camphor powder with sesame oil.
- Apply this paste on the rashes two or three times a day.
- You can also opt for camphor powder to get rid of ringworm.
Jojoba Oil plays a vital role in a multitude of skin treatments. The anti-inflammatory properties present in jojoba cures skin infections.
- Mix a few drops of lavender oil with jojoba oil.
- Apply this on the affected areas.
- It, not just soothes the surface of the skin but also helps to cure the ringworm rashes.
Ringworm can be treated right at home. The key is to be proactive and to act immediately. If the appearance of ringworm is not met with a home remedy, then recovery might be stunted. Keep in mind that home remedies to get rid of ringworm take some time to show results.