How To Get Rid Of Post Nasal Drip: – Postnasal drip is also referred to as an upper airway cough syndrome. It is a common problem that occurs due to excessive mucus production by the nasal mucosa.
Glands that are present within the lining of our nose, airways and throat turn out a substance referred to as mucous secretion, that moistens them, humidifies the air getting into our track and kicks out infection-causing microorganisms and foreign particles. Usually, we swallow this mucus and infrequently notice it unless we think of it.
Common Causes Of Post Nasal Drip
- Common Cold
- Spicy Food
- Chemical fumes, smoke, and other irritants
- chronic respiratory conditions, such as COPD
Symptoms Of Post Nasal Drip
- Sore or scratchy throat
- Feelings of nausea caused by extra mucus in the stomach
- Frequently clearing the throat
- Excessive spitting up or swallowing mucus
- Bad breath
- A cough
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Post Nasal Drip Fast
Gargle With Salt Water
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of post nasal drip naturally and it was also suggested by doctors. It helps skinny the mucous secretion, making it easier for you to urge eliminate it. It additionally flushes the irritants out of the nasal passages.
- Add a half teaspoon of salt in a cup of lukewarm water.
- Stir it well so that salt gets completely dissolved.
- Now gargle with this solution for minutes.
- Repeat this post nasal drip treatment 3 times in a day.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Croup Cough
Drink lots of water
Drink water is the best way to get rid of post nasal drip. Consume a minimum of 9 to 10 glasses of water to stay yourself hydrated and thin the mucus. It’s higher to possess heat liquids, as an example, soup, tea or broth to assuage throat irritation and inflammation.
Use steam treatments, with or while not essential oils, to regulate excess mucous secretion production that causes post-nasal drip.
- Make a bowl of hot, boiling water.
- Then, add a number of drops of any volatile oil.
- Drape a towel over your head and hold your face over the new water.
- Deeply inhale the steam for concerning ten minutes, then blow your nose.
- Do this two or three times daily till you recover utterly.
Note: – Steam inhalation is not recommended for small children.
You can also check out: – Best Laryngitis Treatment
Ginger is also used as a natural remedy to get rid of post nasal drip fast along with relieving sore throat and hoarseness. You’ll simply notice it in your room refrigerator. It is antibacterial, antiviral and expectorant. It additionally acts as a medicament, arrests the excessive production of mucus and wards off excessive mucus.
- Take a few slices of ginger or grate it.
- Now add one tablespoon of grated ginger in 2 cups of water and boil it.
- After 10 minutes, strain the preparation and add half teaspoon honey to it.
- Ginger tea is ready. Drink this preparation two to three times during a day.
- Alternately, you’ll additionally chew slices of ginger four to five times each day.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Stuffy Nose
It is natural ways to get rid of post nasal drip. Nasal Irrigation is also clear all the excess mucus. It also helps to keep nasal infection free from trouble and prevents further infection.
- Take a cup of warm water and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of baking soda in it.
- Take neti pot and fill it with this solution.
- While standing on a sink, tilt your head aside and resolve one of your noses.
- Take your head back, forward and side-to-side to help reach your nose holes.
- Now, blow down your nose to remove excess amount of mucus.
- Repeat this remedy with another nostril.
- Repeat this treatment once daily for a week to get rid of post nasal drip.
You can also check out: – Easy Home Remedies For Cough
Cayenne Pepper acts as an antihistamine and helps to get rid of post nasal drip cough. Red pepper helps to reduce mucus in order to easily eliminate capsicin. It also helps to calm down a troubled throat. Prepare a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix well and get rid of the post nasal drip by taking this mixture 3 times per day. Otherwise, you can also prepare a syrup by mixing 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a cup of warm water and consume this syrup slowly.
Garlic is a powerful antibiotic, it prevents infection, promotes recovery and prevents excessive production of mucus.
- Take 3 to 4 garlic and grind it properly.
- Now, roast them in a spoonful of butter.
- Eat it from hot milk after 1 minute.
- You can chew garlic pieces 4 to 5 times a day.
You can also check out: – Tonsillitis Treatment
This is all home remedies, we all know that to get rid of post nasal drip, they’re effective, natural and without delay offered at home. If these natural remedies to get rid of post nasal drip in throat doesn’t work then symptoms continue for more then 10 days then visit your doctor.