Home Remedies To Get Of Fleas:- If one thing is disdain for pet owners, then fleas are quite troubled, whether they are in your kitchen, on your carpet or your pets. There are many flea control solutions available on the market, but they take a fair share of side effects. When home remedies are available for fleas, why resort to something else?
Top 10 Home Remedies To Get Of Fleas
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can be used to get rid of fleas at home as well as animals. Although it does not kill insects, repel odour and taste fleas so that they make the hosts stay clear which tastes like odour or apple cider vinegar.
- Take equal amount of ACV and Water in a bottle.
- Then add 2-3 drops of lavender oil in it.
- Then spray the solution on your pet and infected area.
- Do not spray the solution on pet’s ears, eyes, nose.
- Repeat this process every day.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Mosquito Bites
Liquid Dish Soap
This is a nifty little hack that is used in most households as a home remedy for fleas. Liquid soap helps to destroy the exoskeleton of the insects.
- Take some bowls and fill it with hot water.
- Add few drops of liquid dish soap in it.
- Place the bowls in different rooms, under a lamp.
Salt acts as a dehydration agent for fleas which dry out their bodies, thereby killing them in the process.
- Fill up a salt shaker with salt, leaving a little room at the top.
- Sprinkle the salt all over your carpets.
- Leave it for about 12 to 48 hours.
- After one or two days, vacuum thoroughly.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies To Control Aphids
Boric acid works much like salt when it comes to eliminating fleas. This home remedy for fleas acts as a desiccant or dehydrating agent.
- Fill a salt shaker with Boric Acid.
- Vacuum the areas where you want to use the Boric Acid.
- Spray the Boric Acid in thin layers all over the flea infested areas.
- Leave it for about 12 to 48 hours.
- Vacuum all the areas treated with Boric Acid.
Rosemary can be used as a home remedy for flea; it can be used in a variety of ways such as powder, oil or rinse. If you have dogs who suffer from insects, it can provide relief to cats. However, this remedy should not be employed because it has some reactions to them. Put some drops of Rosemary Oil on your dog’s collar. Rosemary powder can be used to control flea control of your home.
You can also check out: – How To Kill Silverfish
Lemon is an adequate natural home remedy to get rid of flea, as it doesn’t just get rid of existing insects, but also eggs that may have been laid.
- Take some lemon and cut them into thin slices.
- Then boil the lemon slices with water.
- Turn off the heat after a while and allow the solution to steep overnight.
- Transfer the solution to the spray bottle.
- Spray this solution on areas where fleas thrive.
Vinegar can be used to remove fleas from clothes; it makes an excellent cleaner for your kitchen counter, and other surfaces, as well as you, get rid of fleas.
- For a spray bottle, add three-quarters of a quarter white vinegar water.
- Add dish soap to this liquid.
- Target this solution to get rid of the flask at least twice a week.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Raccoons
Penile oil stops the fly mass. You can grow plants in your yard; you can crush some leaves in mortar and pestle. It releases petroleum and aroma, places it in a cheesecloth and keeps it in any room that is suffering from beating.
Neem is a natural home remedy for fleas control. It helps to control flea infestation in your house as well as on your dog. Felines tend to be sensitive to neem, so refrain from using this remedy for cats. The odour of neem repels unwanted fleas.
- Take 4 cups of water and add the handful of neem leaves.
- Allow it to sit overnight.
- On next morning grind the leaves with the water.
- Transfer the mixture to the spray bottle.
- Spray this solution on your dog as well as the entirety of your house that is infested with fleas.
You can also check out: – Deer Fly Repellent Homemade
Homemade Flea Spray
There are a lot of commercially available pest control sprays, but often homemade ones are chemical free. Make your herbal flea spray.
- Six lemon slices and place in a bowl.
- Cut rosemary leaves and add it to the bowl.
- Add one liter boiling water for lemon and rosemary.
- For the mixture, add three or four drops of geranium oil.
- Cover and leave overnight.
- Fill the sprayer with fluid strain and the resulting solution in the morning.
- You get rid of this solution by trapping this solution in your furniture, bed and any place.
Say no to fleas! Home is no place for insects and neither is your pet’s body. These home remedies are sure-fire winners to rid you of these pests once and for all. Be your exterminator and let these treatments work their magic.