How to Get Rid of Blisters: The blister is mostly a small pocket of the body fluid, which may include pus, blood, plasma or serum. The blister formed when your skin gets damaged and is limited to the upper layers of the skin. It occurs in friction, heat, cold or some cases, in the presence of chemical exposure. What happens is that the fluid accumulates between the epidermis and the layers below it. This fluid acts as an obstacle protect the lower layers of your skin from further damage. Fluid, in turn, is linked to a fast recovery.
Cause Of Blisters
Before discussing the home remedies for blisters, we consider the purpose of it. As you know very well that prevention is better than cure.
- Fever blisters caused by sharing of towels, handkerchiefs or even lip balm.
- The virus can quickly spread through cuts and bruises on the skin.
- Lip injury of any kind.
- Hormonal changes.
Best 8 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Blisters Quickly
The many benefits of Epsom salt are yet to come into the limelight. If you did not know, it is an excellent home remedy to rid of blisters by draining and in turn drying out the blister. It encourages healing, thereby preventing infection. Look out for the benefits of Epsom salt to get instant relief from inflammation, abdominal cramping, and muscle pain too.
- Take Epsom salt, a basin of water and some petroleum jelly.
- Dissolve the Epsom salt in a basin of water.
- Soak the affected area in the basin for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Soon after, dry the area and apply petroleum jelly to it.
- Repeat this process three times a day for long-lasting results.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Milia
Aloe Vera To Get Rid Of Blisters
Home remedies are often incomplete without the presence of the ubiquitous aloe vera. One primary reason being the fact that it reduces inflammation like magic. Also, its antimicrobial properties neutralise infection-causing pathogens such as Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans. An added benefit of aloe vera is that it keeps your skin hydrated. It attributed to the fact that aloe vera is composed of 99.3% of water. However, keep in mind that the best way to prevent infection is to make sure that the blisters do not break out.
- Mix 1 tbsp of aloe vera with 1 tbsp of Vitamin E.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area.
- Allow it to dry.
- Wash the affected area with cold water soon after.
- Repeat this process two or three times a day for about five days.
Castor Oil helps to get rid of blisters as it keeps the affected area moisturised when applied on a regular basis. Castor oil reduce itchiness and aid in the healing process.
- Apply castor oil onto the blister and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this for about two or three days. The blisters tend to dry out by this time.
- You could also mix three teaspoons of castor oil into half a cup of white vinegar. Rub this solution on the blister for a few days.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Corns And Calluses
Green Tea To Get Rid Of Blisters
Green tea reduces the pain and swelling that associated with blisters. It also aids in the healing of blisters due to the presence of several antioxidants and vitamins.
- Steep a green tea bag in a cup of boiling water for about five minutes. Let the tea bag cool before placing it on the blister. Repeat this process about four or five times every day to speed up healing.
- You could also consume green tea about two or three times a day to speed up the process of healing.
Tea Tree Oil
Look out for tea tree oil’s antibacterial as well as astringent properties to treat blisters. You can also keep the risk of recurrent infection at bay with regular usage of tea tree oil.
- Dilute one part of tea tree oil with three pieces of plain water or vegetable oil.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply this solution on the affected areas.
- Let this sit for ten minutes or so before rinsing it off with cold water.
- This treatment can be followed up two or three times a day until the blisters subside.
Apple Cider Vinegar
The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that apple cider vinegar possesses makes it an adequate home remedy for the treatment of blisters. If you want to rid yourself of infections, pain, and inflammation, then this is the home remedy for you.
- Take ACV in bowl
- Dip a ball of cotton into apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this onto the blister
- Then allow it to dry for some time.
Note:- ACV tends to be harsh on your skin, which is why it is essential to dilute it with water before application.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Moles
Vitamin E Oil To Get Rid Of Blisters
Vitamin E Oil can be used to treat blisters, right in the comfort of your home. Skin and hair care regimes often incorporate Vitamin E either directly or indirectly. It is mainly due to the anti-aging benefits which reduce the signs of ageing including wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is also high to heal the skin from all ailments.
- Extract the oil from a vitamin E capsule.
- Add calendula oil to this and mix it well.
- Spread this on the blister, leaving it on for thirty minutes before wiping it off.
- Repeat this twice a day for an entire week.
People have been using chamomile as a remedy for centuries. This remarkable herb has been known to help induce sleep, relieve an upset stomach, power up the body’s immune defence, and ease pain from menstrual cramps. Topical application of chamomile, whether in tea form or essential oil extract, can also help ward off numerous skin problems including blisters.
- Take water in the pot and boil it.
- Add chamomile leaves in it.
- Cover and steep for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Soak a cotton ball in the tea.
- Apply it in the affected area for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat this three to four times a day for one week.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Scabies(Itching)
Blisters can be treated right in your home with these simple ingredients. Look no further for these hacks are going to be all you need and more to rid yourself of blisters in their entirety.