How To Get Rid Of A Stye: –A stye, medically referred to as a hordeolum, is an acute infection of the oil glands, which results in a firm, the red lid is on the eyelid. It can eventually come to a head because it filled with pus.
A stye or sty (hordeolum) is a red bump, like a lamp, which forms on the outer edge of the eyelid. Your eyelids are a lot of small oil glands, especially around eyelashes. The dead skin, dirt, or oil pile can inhibit or block these little holes. When an organ blocked, the bacteria can grow inside and cause the stays to develop.
Symptoms Of Eye Stye
- Pain and inflammation
- Increase in tear production
- Curst formed around eyelids
- Soreness and itchiness
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of A Stye
Applying a warm compress to the affected area is one of the best home remedies to get rid of a stye. The heat will increase circulation in the area and speed up the pap and drainage from the stye. This will reduce the symptoms of pain and inflammation.
- Take a clean towel, and it dips it into hot water.
- Then twist tightly so that liquid is forced out.
- Then, apply the towel directly to the affected eyelid for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this eye stye treatment 3-4 times until it releases pus.
- Then, wipe out the released pus using a cotton ball.
- Use warm continuously until the pus stop coming.
You Can Also Check Out: – Treatment of Paronychia
You can also use coriander seeds as a home remedy for eye stye as it contains inflammatory properties which reduce oedema in your eye.
- Take 2 tbsp of coriander seeds and boil it in a cup of water.
- Strain this water and cool it down.
- Then, wash the affected area with this water.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a day to get rid of a stye fast.
Instead of using warm compress you can also use a mild tea bag to get rid of a stye quick. Black tea contains antiviral and antibacterial properties which help in reducing pain and inflammation.
- Take a tea bag and dip it in warm water for a few minutes.
- Remove and squeeze out the excess water.
- Then, place tea bag directly to the affected area for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment twice a day to get rid of a stye in the eye.
- Use separate tea bag for each eye.
You Can Also Check Out: – Blisters Treatment
Garlic is also used to cure an eye stye infection, as it contains antibacterial properties. It not only reduces the size of stye but also provides you instant pain relief.
- Take one garlic clove and prepare a juice of it.
- Apply this juice carefully to the affected area using a Q-tip.
- When it gets dry rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day.
Note:- Make sure that garlic juice does not enter the eyes.
Aloe Vera is another popular home remedy to get rid of a stye. It contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which reduces the pain and swelling and aloe vera also boost up your healing process.
- Take aloe vera and extract the gel from it.
- Apply this gel directly to the affected area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a day for a week.
You Can Also Check Out: – Home Remedies For Rosacea
Milk Cream will help in reducing the inflammation and also eliminating pus that may be present.
- Warm the milk cream lightly. It should be quite hot to put the eyes in the smallmouth. But at the same time, it should be tolerable.
- Apply this hot milk on the eyes using a cotton ball.
- After drying, use milk mixed with water to clean the area. Dry it with a clean towel.
- Repeat this treatment twice a day until to get rid of a stye.
Castor oil helps in curing many skin disease including eye infection. It contains an antimicrobial property which helps in reducing pain and inflammation.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into castor oil.
- Apply this cotton ball directly to the affected area.
- Gently rub the cotton ball to the affected area and do not puncture the stye.
- Wait of 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day cure eyelid infection.
You Can Also Check Out: – Home Remedies For Chickenpox
You can also use guava leaf as home remedies for stye as it contains natural healing property. It reduces the swelling and redness of the affected eyelid.
- Take few guava leaf and make it boil.
- Wait for 10 minutes until it cools down.
- Take a washcloth and dip it in water and then place in the infected area for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment twice a day.
Some home remedies can treat the eyes correctly and handle it but remember that some home remedies from these eyes will work only in the early stages when the stem is formed in the eye, and there is no infection.