How To Get Rid Of A Boil:- One of the common occurrences that affect most of the population at some point in their life is a boil. A boil is also known as skin abscess. Medically we also call it furuncle, and it is an acute bacterial infection of the hair follicles. But many a time boil is confused with pimples. Both are red and raised spots on the skin. But boils grow big and is more painful. Usually, it begins as a more raised lump on the skin. In a few days, this lump grows, and the surrounding skin also becomes tender. Many a times boil becomes itchy. The pus gets collected, and the red lump begins to look white and becomes soft. Finally, a head is formed, and the pus is released.
Common areas of a boil are buttocks, shoulders, face, and armpits as they sweat more and are more prone to friction. In the case, boil develops on the eyelids it is known as a stye. If several boils occur together, it takes the form of a more serious infection.
The most common causative agent behind boil is staphylococcal bacteria. The risk of developing boil increases if you have a poor immune system, poor nutrition, chronic diseases like diabetes, infected sweat gland, poor nutrition, poor hygiene and exposure to harsh chemicals.
But the good news is that a boil is not something that cannot be treated. In fact, you don’t even need conventional medicines to treat them. Simple and natural home remedies are enough to give you the desired results. Below are the home remedies to get rid of a boil.
Top 8 Home Remedies to get rid of a boil
Warm compress should always be the first line of treatment to get rid of a boil. It increases the circulation of the blood, which in turn allows the white blood cells and the antibodies to enter the infected part and fight the infection. Also, Warm compress makes the boil soft, eases the pain and helps to get rid of the pus.
What to do
- Take a bowl of steaming water.
- Take a small soft towel or a small, clean washcloth. You may also take a cotton ball.
- Soak the cloth or the cotton ball in the warm water.
- The excess of water is squeezed out.
- Press the cloth over the boil for a few seconds.
- Repeat this for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this several times in a day.
- In a few days, the boil will erupt and the pus will drain out. When the pus is drained out better clean the infected area and apply some antiseptic cream to it.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies To Get Rid Acne
The antiseptic properties of onion fight the infection and promote healing. It eliminates the heat of the boil out and helps it to burst fast. Besides this, it also alleviates the pain and reduces the inflammation.
How to use
- Cut a thick slice of onion
- After 2 hours change the onion slice.
- Cover it will a cloth.
- Press it to the boil.
- Repeat this until the boil bursts and drains out.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Papules
Tea tree oil
One of the most effective natural remedies to treat most of the skin issues is tea tree oil. Since ages, it has been used as a powerful antiseptic. Its antibacterial property will also help you to get rid of a boil faster.
- How to use
- Take a cotton ball.
- Pour a few drops of tea tree oil on it
- Press it to the affected area
- Repeat this 3 times a day for a few days.
You can also check out:- Earlobe Cyst Removal
Possessed with antibacterial properties, garlic is a very effective natural home remedy to get rid of a boil. It promotes the maturation of the boil. Finally, the boil opens up and is drained out.
How to use
- Take 3 to 4 garlic cloves.
- Crush then to extract the juice.
- With the help of a cotton ball apply this juice to the affected part.
- Hold the cotton ball on the boil for a few minutes.
- Repeat this 2 times in a day.
You can also check out:- Home Treatments To Remove Sebaceous Filaments
Turmeric is known to promote healing. It is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. The presence of the compound curcumin in turmeric has been found effective in easing the pain.
How to use
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add enough amount of water to it to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to the boil
- After 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this 3 times in a day
In a few days, the boil will form the head and will burst.
You can also check out:- Hidradenitis Suppurativa Natural Treatment
Yes, milk is an ancient remedy to get rid of a boil. Milk compress has been found very effective in drawing out the pus. It also eases the pain and inflammation.
How to use:
- Take a tablespoon of milk.
- Add a slice of bread to it.
- Mix both to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to the boil.
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Repeat this for 2 to 3 days and you will be amazed to find the result.
You can also check out:- Natural Treatment For Impetigo Infection
This popular splinter remedy can also be used to get rid of a boil. It increases the moisture flow to the boil by acting as an irritant. Also, it is very easy to use.
How to use
- Take a piece of bacon.
- Put it on an adhesive bandage.
- Apply it to the boil.
- It is best if you apply it before sleeping.
- Change the bacon after 12 hours.
In a few days, the boil will burst and pus will drain out.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Milia
This highly absorbent compound is very effective in drawing impurities and toxins from the skin. Thus, it also speeds the drainage and helps to get rid of boil fast.
How to use
- Take 2 cups of steaming water.
- Add one-fourth cup of Epsom salt to it.
- Soak a washcloth in the solution.
- Apply the soaked cloth to the boil and hold it for a few seconds.
- Repeat this for 15 minutes for 3 times in a day.
In a few days, you will be amazed at the results.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Stasis Dermatitis
Next time if bothersome boil shows up, try out the above-mentioned decent home remedies for the boil. In most of the cases, you will get the desired results in just a few days. But if the boil does not heal even after two weeks and is very painful or is accompanied by fever do consult your doctor for the proper diagnosis and treatment.