A small bump on your skin could be a lipoma.
A lipoma is a fatty tissue lump that is located between the skin and underlying muscles. It is harmless, painless, and non-cancerous and feels rubbery underneath the skin. Most lipomas are 1-3 cms in size and grow in shoulders, armpits, arms, upper back, upper thigs and buttocks. However, the lipoma may grow anywhere in the body.
Although the exact cause of lipoma is unknown, it is believed that physical trauma may cause it. A genetic factor may also play a role as lipoma is found to run in families.
Lipomas may develop at any age but mostly appear between 40 to 60 years and is more common in males than females. It grows slowly over months or years.
Lipoma is harmless, but you may want to get rid of it if it appears unsightly and causes discomfort. Mostly, surgery is suggested by the doctors to get rid of lipoma forever, or steroid injection is prescribed to shrink it. These procedures may be expensive, so here we have listed natural treatment for lipomas.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Lipoma Without Surgery
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil has been found useful in treating lots of benign growth including The compound ricinoleic acid present in this oil can shrink the size of the fatty tissues present underneath your skin.
What TO Do
- Soak a cotton ball with castor oil and apply to the affected part.
- Secure with tape and leave it overnight.
- In the morning remove it and clean the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Use pure and cold pressed castor oil for this purpose.
- Repeat this every day until you get the desired result.
You can also check out:- Ganglion Cyst Home Treatment
Note:- Castor oil is effective only on the small and new fatty deposits.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another effective home remedy for lipoma is apple cider vinegar. It balances the body’s PH level and eliminates body toxins. ACV soften the growth of lump and reduces its appearance and size. Also, it prevents the recurrence.
What To Do
- Mix 1-2 teaspoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink it two times in a day.
- For topical use mix ACV with equal amounts of melted beeswax and apply to the affected part every day before sleeping.
3. Cayenne pepper
Cayenne pepper promotes blood circulation.
What To Do
- Apply capsaicin cream on the affected part a few times in a day.
- For consumption chop cayenne pepper and add it to soups, stews and stir-fry dishes.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Carbuncles
Note:- For cayenne supplements consult your physician.
You can also treat lipoma naturally with turmeric. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory. It contains compound curcumin which is anti-oxidants and can shrink lumps.
What To Do
- To 2-3 tablespoon of flaxseed oil or neem oil add a teaspoon turmeric powder and apply to the lipoma. Secure with a bandage and leave it overnight. In the morning remove the bandage and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Also, add a tablespoon of turmeric powder to a glass of milk and have it two times in a day.
Note:- For the turmeric supplement consult your doctor.
The compounds present in garlic that helps in removing the fatty deposits under the skin are adenosine and paraffinic polysulphide.
What TO DO
- Chew 2-3 cloves of garlic daily in the morning empty stomach.
- For topical use, add 3-4 drops of garlic oil to a teaspoon carrier oils such as coconut oil or olive oil. Massage the affected part with it and then rinse it off after an hour. Do this three times in a day.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Earlobe Cyst
Note:- For garlic supplements consult your physician.
Ginger is a herb that promotes blood circulation, reduces the lipoma size and prevents the recurrence.
What To Do
- Steep a few pieces of ginger in a cup of boiling water for 15 minutes. Strain the concoction. Add half teaspoon honey and a half teaspoon lemon juice to it and drink it. Consume 2-3 cups of ginger tea in a day.
- For topical use extract ginger juice and massage the affected area with it. After 30 minutes rinse it off. Do this three times in a day. You may also use ginger oil for the same purpose.
Sage is a natural lipoma treatment. It dissolves the fat tissue and balances the body fluids that may lead to lipoma formation.
What TO Do
- To 2-3 tablespoons flaxseed oil and neem oil add one teaspoon dried sage.
- Mix well and coat lipoma with it.
- Repeat this every day to get rid of lipoma.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Ingrown Toenail
8. Honey and flour
The mixture of both treats the fatty deposits under the skin.
What To Do
- To 2 tablespoons flour add sufficient amount of honey to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on lipoma keeping the application 1 cm thick.
- Cover it with a bandage and leave it for a day or 2. ‘
- Remove it and apply it again. Do this for a week.
Lemon juice eliminates toxins from our body. Toxins cause fat cells to deposit.
What to do
- Drink a glass of lemon juice daily.
- Avoid adding artificial sweeteners.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies To Unclog Your Ears
10. Pay attention to your diet
Switch on to organic foods to reduce the intake of additive and preservatives so that your liver can focus on eliminating the toxins that are stored in fatty tissues of lipoma. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains rich in fibers. Include food sources that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, and walnuts. Limit the intake of fatty foods, processed foods, and red meat.
Lipomas are harmless, but there are chances that you have liposarcoma that grows rapidly, do not move under the skin and are painful. If that is your case, better see your doctor soon for proper diagnosis and treatment.