How To Get Rid Of Ingrown Toenails:- An ingrown toenail, also known as onychocryptosis, is a common problem. When the corner or side edge of a toenail grows into the soft flesh of the nearby skin, it causes a lot of discomforts. It is most common in toenails but, in rare instances, fingernails can also become ingrown.
Symptoms Of Ingrown Toenails
- The skin around your nail becomes red and get swells
- Overgrowth of skin around the infected toenail
- Severe pain when pressure applied on toenails
- Pus building up around the infected toenail
Causes Of Ingrown Toenail
- Wearing tight-fitting shoes
- Improper trimming of nails
- Nail injury
- Unusually curved toenails.
Most Effective Ways To Get Rid Of Ingrown Toenail
Warm Water Soak
If you are suffering from an ingrown toenail, then soak your foot with water for few minutes a day will give relief from the swelling, pain, and tenderness caused by this problem.
- Fill a small tub with warm water.
- Dip your feet in it for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Repeat this 3 – 4 times a day to get relief.
You can also check out: – Herbal Treatment For Psoriasis
Cotton Wedge under the Nail
After a warm water soak, you can place a cotton wedge under your affected toenail to help it grow above the skin. This will also relieve pain and speed up the healing process.
- Soak your feet in warm water, then dry them thoroughly.
- Carefully lift the affected nail with a blunt pair of tweezers.
- Place a small rolled piece of cotton between your nail and the skin.
- Replace the cotton every time you soak your feet to prevent infection.
Note: Initially, you may experience some pain, but it will lessen quickly. Avoid pushing the cotton roll farther than the swollen skin allows.
Hydrogen peroxide is an effective disinfectant that helps reduce the risk of infection and relieve pain and inflammation caused by ingrown toenails.
- Take ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide in a tub of warm water.
- Soak the affected toenail in this solution for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy two times daily.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Hangnails
Tea Tree Oil
The pure nature of tea tree oil can help relieve pain and reduce the risk of infection due to ingrown toenails.
- Take two drops of tea tree oil in 1 tbsp of any carrier oil, such as olive or coconut oil.
- Apply it on the ingrown toenail and cover it with a bandage.
- Repeat this three times a day for the quick result.
Along with tea tree oil, lavender or oregano essential oil can also be used.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar also helps to get rid of the ingrown toenail, its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory nature can get rid of the symptoms. Also, its mild acidic nature prevents infection
- Take equal amounts of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and warm water in a small tub.
- Soak the affected toenails in this solution for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When done, dry your toenails thoroughly.
- Soak a cotton ball in raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and place it on the affected area.
- Cover it with a bandage for a couple of hours, then remove it.
You can also check out: – Natural Herpes Treatment
You can use turmeric to get rid of ingrown tonal inconveniences, such as pain, swelling, and swelling. Turmeric contains mixed curcumin antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and pain relief.
- Take ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and a little mustard oil.
- Mix It well.
- Apply the paste all over the affected toe and cover it with a bandage.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times daily for several days.
- Apply an antibiotic cream containing curcumin on the tender area and bandage the toe
- Repeat this 2 or 3 times daily.
- Also, boil one teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of milk. Drink it twice daily to reduce pain and speed up the healing process.
Epsom salt, known as scientifically magnesium sulfate, is useful for the treatment of iron tonal bases. This helps to soften the skin around the affected area, which makes it easy to extract the Insertion nail. It also helps to bring down inflammation.
- Mix 1 tbsp of Epsom salt in a tub filled with warm water.
- Dip your feet in this solution for few minutes(15-20).
- Take your feet out of it and dry your feet thoroughly.
- Repeat this remedy 3 or 4 times a week.
You can also check out: – Ganglion Cyst Home Treatment
White Flower Oil
White flower oil will also help in treating an ingrown toenail. This oil is made from a many of different essential oils such as lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus oil.
- Take a cotton ball and it in white flower oil.
- Then gently rub it around the affected area.
- Do not apply it directly to the ingrown toenail.
Note:- Be aware that this is an oil you never want to ingest as it’s considered to be poisonous.
Indian lilac, also known as neem, has inflammation-reducing and pain-suppressing properties that can alleviate pain, inflammation, and swell due to the ingrown toenail.
- Take 20-30 leaves of neem and then boil it with 4 cups of water.
- Make the leave and water separate and allow it to cool down a bit.
- Dip the affected toe in this solution for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Make sure to dry the area quickly.
- Repeat this process/remedy two times a day.
You can also check out: – How To Treat Varicose Veins
Trim Nails Properly
No more curved toenails! When trimming your toenails, get in the habit of cutting them straight across. If the corners seem too sharp, it’s okay to file them down a bit.
When you stand up, the weight of your body places pressure on your feet. That demand pushes up the skin in front of the toenail. If you cut a nail too short, it may dig into the skin as it grows. Always trim a nail, so it is flush with the front end of your toe.