An upset tummy can be daunting, in particular, when you have to make unexpected bathroom trips every hour or so. While the impulse to pay a trip to your doctor despite the unwanted trips you’re making seems to be high on your priority list, refrain from doing so. It’s at times like this that home remedies come in handy, which is why you should consider these home remedies for diarrhea.
Home Remedies For Diarrhea
Ginger can be used for the treatment of food poisoning as it helps to relieve cramps and abdominal pain.
Ginger can be used in two ways:
1. Grate a piece of ginger, adding a teaspoon of honey to it. Consume this mixture so as to promote the release of gastric juices that improve digestion.
2. Ginger tea can also be consumed twice or thrice a day to cure diarrhea. Slice a tiny piece of ginger and add it to a cup of water. Boil the water and strain it, adding honey to it before you consume it. If fresh ginger is unavailable, then opt for ginger powder.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Hemorrhoids
A ripe banana a day keeps diarrhea away! The high pectin content present in bananas rids of the menace of having to run to the washroom now and then. The reason why bananas are one of the most efficient home remedies is that pectin happens to be a water-soluble fibre that reduces the onset of diarrhea. They are also high in potassium which is essential to support vital functions of your body. The key to keeping in mind here is that the bananas have to be ripe. Continue to eat a few ripe bananas until the problem down south, subsides.
Yoghurt makes for an excellent home remedy for diarrhea, in particular, the ones with live bacterial cultures such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium. What is termed to be the ‘good bacteria’ in your intestine is restored while the ‘bad bacteria,’ which is the cause of diarrhea is expelled from your body.
Two bowls of yogurt every day can help you win the war over the bad bacteria! Who wouldn’t want that now? For faster relief, you can add in a banana to the yogurt.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Food Poisoning
Chamomile helps to ease the abdominal pains that accompany stomach disorders such as diarrhea. It has antispasmodic properties which reduce intestinal inflammation.
Chamomile tea is fairly simple to make, just follow these steps:
1. Steep one teaspoon of chamomile flowers with an equal amount of peppermint leaves in a cup of boiling water for about ten minutes or so.
2. Strain this and sip on in the right through the day.
If chamomile tea isn’t readily available to you, then you can opt for green tea as well.
A bout of diarrhea can result in the loss of essential nutrients from the body, which is why it is prime to restore your body to its former glory. It is where Carrot soup comes in, in particular, the anti-dyspeptic effects of it. It helps your body to recover quickly.
Carrot Soup is rather simple to make. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be believers as well!
1. Procure 500 grams of carrots.
2. Wash and scrape them well.
3. Cook the carrots in a pressure cooker with about half a cup of water for fifteen minutes or so.
4. Drain the liquid and add salt to your tasting.
5. Consume this soup to get rid of diarrhea naturally.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Gas
When suffering from diarrhea, white rice is the best food to consume as it is easy to digest. It also helps to decrease the amount of stool passed out by adding bulk to the stools.
Consume smaller portions of plain white rice, devoid of sauces or spices and gradually increase the amount as you start recovering.
Fenugreek seeds have been deemed fit as a remedy for adults, not so much for children, though.
All you need to do is to mix half a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds into a glass of water. Drink up, and your stomach will feel better in almost no time at all.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For UTI
Peppermint helps to relieve stomach problems, which is why it is an excellent home remedy for diarrhea.
For this remedy, clean a few sprigs of mint. Place them in a pot of boiling water and allow it to steep for a few minutes. Drink this a few times a day to find instant relief from diarrhea. Make sure that you don’t burn the tongue, though, lest you end up with another problem to worry!
Orange Peel Tea
There’s more to orange peels than just something to toss out. Tea made from orange peels aids in digestion.
For this remedy, place a chopped orange peel in a pot and cover it with boiling water. Allow it to be cool. Add sugar or honey to this, but not too much. Sip on this tea, and you will find respite from you diarrhea in no time at all.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Stomach Ache
What to Avoid?
When it comes to diarrhea, there happens to be a lot of speculation about what should be consumed and what should not be.
Here is a list of foods that you must avoid.
1. Avoiding milk, cheese, and dairy products, in general, sparing yogurt for about one or two weeks generally, does the trick. Your small intestine is usually the most affected by diarrhea, and this is where milk is digested. Hence it would be a wise choice to avoid milk during this time.
2. Caffeine also wreaks havoc on your system as it jumps your intestines. It is the last thing that your body needs right now to avoid it all together.
3. Sugar can also increase diarrhea so be careful about this as well.
4. You should also stay clear of greasy, high-fibre food as these are difficult to digest.
These home remedies for nausea will provide you relief in no time at all. You no longer have to make those numerous bathroom trips with these remedies at the tip of your fingers!