Home Remedies For Croup:- Croup is a viral infection (parainfluenza virus) which usually affects the children of 3 months to 3 years.It also effects on an adult, but the chances were meager. It followed by throat pain and dry croup cough. It is very contagious, and it’s infection also spread through the air so, you need to take precautions if you or your dear one is suffering from a croup cough. If you start following home remedies for a croup cough, then it hardly takes 4-5 days to cure it.
Cause Of Croup
There are many viruses/bacteria that can cause croup. But the most common virus was parainfluenza viruses (the common cold). Some other viruses which were responsible for croup are adenovirus (another group of common cold viruses), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), the most common germ affecting young children, and measles. It may also be caused by allergies, exposure to inhaled irritants, or bacterial infections. But these are rare.
Symptoms Of Croup
- A cough and runny nose
- High fever
- Hoarse voice
- Skin color around nose and mouth changed to blue or grey
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Difficulty in breathing
Home Remedies For Croup Cough
Yes, heated steam is most commonly used home remedies for croup. It helps in reducing congestion and makes breathing much more comfortable. The warm moisture of steam bath makes the mucus thinner make it easier to expel.
- Run a hot shower and make sure that no window and door was open.
- Keep your baby in the steam room. Do not leave him alone.
- Stay there for 30 minutes so that your child can inhale the steam.
- Repeat this according to your children condition.
You can also check out: – Natural Treatment For Asthma
Always make sure that the body of your children is also hydrated as fluid makes mucus thinner and to reduce breathing problems in your child. Baby sometimes cry due to lack of decisions. They are not able to figure out how to get rid of coughing and irritating mucus in the throat. Always keep in mind that fluid should provide in a smaller amount.
- Breast milk is the best fluid for babies.
- And for adult water and soup is the best fluid.
- Apple juice, lemon juice also helps in dehydration, and it also gives strength to fight infection.
Lavender Oil Massage
Lavender oil is not only used as the aroma but sometimes lavender crude can prevent your body from many infections. To get rid of a croup cough massage the body of your baby with this oil. The body of the baby is much softer, and it quickly absorbs the oil and helps in reducing the inflammation and treat a croup cough.
- Take few drops of lavender oil in your hand and rub it to make it warm.
- Now, massage the chest your baby with this oil continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- To get rid of croup faster repeat this remedy three times a day.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Fever
Honey is most effective home remedies for croup. It contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties which help in a croup treatment.
- Take 1 tbsp of honey and swallow it.
- Do not swallow it at once. Swallow it slowly.
- Take t1 tbsp of honey in every 5 -6 hours, i.e., four times in a day.
Lemon is also used as home remedies for croup. It contains antimicrobial properties which help in croup virus from the body.
- Take a lemon and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to it and mix it well.
- Drink this syrup two times a day.
You can also check out: – How to Get Rid Of A Stuffy Nose
If your baby is suffering from high fever due to croup and sponge bath will decrease the body temperature. It also makes your baby feel more relaxed and him more energetic.
- Take a washcloth and dip it in regular water and remove excess amount of water from it.
- Apply this washcloth on the baby hands, armpits, feet.
- If a baby is suffering from high fever, then replace ordinary water with cold water and place wash place washcloth on the forehead.
Ginger is also used as home remedies for croup. It can do wonders in alleviating congestion and making breathing significantly easier. It contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral properties which help in the treatment of croup in infants and adult.
- Take the 5-6 cup of water and add few slices of ginger in it and also add two cinnamon sticks.
- Make it boil for 20 minutes.
- Strain it and add 1 tbsp of honey in it and mix it well.
- Let your child drink this syrup 2-3 times a day.
- If your child is below one year, then add some water to this syrup and do not add honey to it.
You can also check out: – Treatment For Impetigo Infection
As you can see, you do not need to use medicines to relieve your child from malnourished symptoms. For these home remedies for croup, coughs are safe and effective because most of the symptoms of the disease are mild and treat at home.