A cough is a very common health problem in nowadays. When there is a choke in your throat, your brain immediately thinks there is an element present and tells the body to remove that element. In this article, we were providing you the best home remedies for cough.
A cough can also be due to the flu, viral infection, cold, smoking, health problem such as asthma and lung cancer.
Symptoms of a cough are running a stuffy nose, chest pain, itchy throat. Instead of using cough syrups use can also try some natural home remedies for cough.
Top 10 Home Remedies For Cough
Take 1 tablespoon of honey with hot milk it will relieve your cough and also reduce your chest pain. Honey has the antibacterial agent which can help you to get rid of a cough. For better result follow this up three times a day especially before going to bed. It will clear your mucus and soothe your throat. Honey can also help to reduce your body fat. This is the best home remedies for cough.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Croup Cough
Ginger is most popular and effective natural cure for a cough. Take a fresh ginger and crush them. Put the crushed ginger in 1 cup water and boil them. Drink this herbal solution 3-4 times a day for better and faster result. You can also add some lemon or honey into it. Another option is to chew the small piece of ginger throughout a day to get rid of a cough.
Lemons can be used in a variety of ways for home remedies for a cough. Lemons have properties that reduce inflammation and also provide a dose of infection-fighting vitamin C.
- Make a cough syrup by combining 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp honey. Drink this syrup at least 3 times per day for better result.
- Another way to use lemons is to blend lemon juice. Add honey to it with a pinch of cayenne pepper and drink it.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Fever
One of the simplest home remedies for cough is to cut onion. Strong vapor can help in preventing cough from breathing.
- You can also make cough syrup from baked onion juice, coffee tea, and honey. Drink it daily to get relief from a dry cough
- Another option is one teaspoon of onion juice with one spoon of pure honey. Swallow this solution at least twice a day to reduce a cough and calm your throat.
The herb turmeric has a therapeutic effect on coughs, particularly a dry cough.
- Take some water and add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and one 1 tbsp of black pepper and then boil it for 2 minutes. Then add 1 tbsp of honey and drink it daily until the condition improve.
- Another way to use turmeric is to roast turmeric root and grind it into a smooth powder. Mix it with water and honey, and drink it twice a day.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Salivary Gland
Carrots contain many vitamins and nutrients which can help to cure different symptoms of a cough.
- Make a fresh juice of four to five carrots, add some water to dilute it. For taste and gain, add one teaspoon of honey
- Drink juice three to four times, unless your symptoms improve.
It is a well-known herb for healing properties. Menthol in peppermint soothes the throat and acts as a decongestant, helping to break down mucus. To reduce a cough you can take a peppermint tea or inhale peppermint vapors by steam. To make a peppermint steam add 4-5 drops of peppermint on 150 ml of hot water. Drop a towel over your head and take deep breaths directly above the water.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Heartburn
Salt And Water Gargle
Although this remedy may seem relatively simple, a salt and water sewage can help to calm a scratched throat, causing you to cough. Mixing 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 8 ounces of hot water can help relieve irritation.
Note that it is best to try other treatments for this age group, especially children under 6 years of age are not in jailing.
Cayenne can be used as home remedies for cough and cold. It also reduces the chest pain which occurs due to a cough.
- Make a cough syrup by mixing 1/4 tbsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 2 tbsp of water.
- Drink the syrup 2-3 times a day for quick improvement.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Headache
It contains both antibacterial and antimicrobial components that cure a cough.
- Boil two to three cloves of garlic in one cup of water and add a spoon of oregano leaves. Allow it to cool at room temperature, add some honey and drink it. This will help reduce your breath and other cough symptoms.
- Eat some cloves of cloves and a clove of crushed garlic mixed with some honey for relief in the throat. You can also use garlic in your cooking.
These home remedies for cough have been tried and tested. They work almost instantly freeing you of the symptoms of a cough. Rather than turning to over the counter cough medication, why don’t you try these out?