Home Remedies For HS:- Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), also known as acne inversa. It is a painful, debilitating and chronic inflammatory skin condition. This long-term skin condition characterized by blackheads and red, tender bumps (lesions) on the skin. The cracks cause itching and burning sensations. They often grow bigger, eventually breaking open and draining pus. Recurrences often result in scarring.
Unlike regular acne, HS develops in areas where skin touches skin, such as the underarms, groin, buttocks, upper thighs and breasts (underneath and sometimes on the breasts).
The exact cause is not apparent. Blocked skin pores and hair follicles are the major contributory factor. An overactive immune system and hormonal changes in the body are other possible causes.
Some risk factors that may increase your chances of developing HS are taking certain medicines, being overweight, having a family history of HS, being a smoker, having severe acne and suffering from health issues like arthritis, Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease, metabolic syndrome or diabetes. Also, women are more prone to it than men. This skin condition is not contagious, and it has nothing to do with poor hygiene.
Most Effective Hidradenitis Suppurativa Natural Treatment
Keep Underarm Dry
Sweat and remnant water in the affected area can worsen this skin disease. So, take all possible steps to keep the area free of any moisture.
- Gently wash the affected area with warm water
- After cleaning pat the dry skin.
- Then apply antibiotic powder which soaks all the sweat.
- Take a daily bath and change your undergarment frequently.
It gives relief to irritation and reduces the pain. It also reduces the swelling.
- Take a glass bottle and fill it with hot water.
- Cover it with the thin and dry cloth.
- Apply it to the affected area for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process three times a day.
You can also check out: – Ringworm Natural treatment
Aleo Vera is another hidradenitis suppurativa treatment. It contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which reduce the pain.
- Take an aloe vera and extract the gel from it.
- Apply it directly to the affected area.
- Rub it for sometimes, so that the gel penetrates into the skin.
- Wash the affected area after 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process three times a day.
Alcohol has disinfectant and cooling property. It helps it removing dirt clogged hair follicles. It also reduces pain which produces due to hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Take a cotton ball and soak alcohol it int and dab it on the affected area.
- Leave it for 1/2 hour, then gently wash the affected area with warm water.
- Apply any moisturizer to the affected area.
- Repeat 2 times a day.
Note:- Before using alcohol Keep in mind that you don’t have open bumps on a wound on the affected area.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Acne
Turmeric is a useful antiseptic herb that cures wounds rapidly for the treatment of skin. Also, its anti-inflammatory nature helps to reduce swelling, pain and other symptoms of Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
- Take 1 tbsp of turmeric powder and mix it with olive oil and make a paste.
- Apply the paste directly to the affected area.
- Wait 30 minutes, then wash it off.
- Repeat this two times daily for few weeks.
Honey is the most robust natural antibiotic and has individual antibacterial properties. When applied directly to the skin, it reduces inflammation and facilitates the healing process.
- Dip a cotton ball in honey, preferably manuka honey.
- Apply it generously on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times a day for useful results.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Milia
Indian lilac, also known as Neem, is effective against various skin problems including Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Its antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties treat Hidradenitis Suppurativa and help prevent further infection.
- Grind a handful of neem leaves into a paste. Apply it to the affected area. Leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Also, you can boil neem leaves in water until the quantity of water reduces to one-third. Use this water to rinse the affected area.
- Another option is to add a few drops of pure neem oil to 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil and apply it to an affected area. You do not need to rinse it off.
You can also take a bath with Bleach as it helps in treating Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It is more efficient in cases in which there are symptoms of a bacterial infection.
- Take 4 cups of lukewarm water and add 1/3 cup of 2.2 percent household bleach in it.
- Mix up this solution in your bathtub and then soak your body in it for 15 minutes.
- Then take a bath with clean water to rinse bleach water from your body.
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Intertrigo
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains antifungal and antibiotic properties which help. in treating HS. It can reduce the number of pus bacteria, which produces smelly odor. It also helps in relieving inflammation, reducing pain and promoting remedies.
- Take 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add 3-4 drop of tea tree oil in it.
- Apply this oil mixture directly to the affected area.
- After 15 minutes wash the affected area with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Repeat this home remedy of hidradenitis suppurativa twice a day.
Alcohol rub is insecticides, soothing and refreshing properties. Alcohol will help in the removal of dirt from the hair follicles, which in turn will promote the medicine. It will also relieve the pain and inconvenience associated with HS.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in alcohol.
- Then gently rub the cotton ball on the affected area.
- After half-an-hour, wash the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatment twice a day.
You can also check out: – How To Treat Sebaceous Hyperplasia
Yes, you can also use oregano oil to treat hidradenitis suppurativa as it contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It will reduce the major symptoms such as pain, swelling. Oregano oil will soothe irritated closed wounds by killing bacteria. It prevents them from forming colonies under your skin.
- Take few drops of oregano oil and apply it directly to the affected area.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedies 2 times in a day.
The above mentioned are a few most effective home remedies that will help you quickly deal with hidradenitis suppurativa. When suffering from this disease, follow these solutions, whichever seems to be working for you.