Home Remedies For Chondromalacia Patellae[Runner’s Knee]:- It is a condition in which cartilage on the undersurface of the patella (kneecap) deteriorates and softens. Chondromalacia patella is very common in athletics that’s why it is also known as a runner’s knee.
It is often seen as a lot of injury in the game, and sometimes it can get good results by taking out a few days of training. In other cases, the reason for improper knees is alignment and does not provide comfort only Runner’s knee symptom is the symptoms of knee pain and grinding, but many people who never take it for medical treatment.
Symptoms Of Chondromalacia Patellae
- Dull pain in front of the knee
- Sensations of grinding
- Swelling near knees
- Cracking while bending or enhancing your knee
The problem remains when:
- You climb up or down the stairs
- Kneel down
- Bend your knees for a long time
Chondromalacia Patella Treatment
Take Proper Rest
If you were suffering from chondromalacia patella, then it is essential to give your knee some rest. It is the best to treat runner’s knee pains. While taking some rest will help in reducing pressure on joints or kneecaps. Rest also assist in recovering cartilage damage which seen in a runner’s knee. If you skip enough rest, then it will increase the kneecap pain.
Therefore, for some time, make sure that you give proper relief to your bare knee, instead of injuring a chair with a pillow under your feet, and avoid spending your knees and not standing for extended periods.
You can also check out:- How To Treat Varicose Veins
To reduce swelling and pain, just compress to the affected area. Compression helps in preventing fluid from accumulating near your knee, as it reduces inflammation and pain. To apply compression, wrap the ace from the market or purchase the elastic bandage.
- Take a bandage and wrap it around your knee with pressure.
- Keep the bandage during the day until the swelling is low.
- Always remove the bandage before going to bed.
Note: – Do not wrap the bandage tightly, because it can swell under knees.
To reduce chondromalacia patella symptoms, massage your knee as it improves blood circulation which in turn reduce swelling and pain.
- Take coconut, olive, mustard, castor or garlic oil and make it warm.
- Apply the oil directly to the affected area.
- Then, gently massage your knee for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment for chondromalacia at least three times in a day.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Leg Cramps
If you were suffering from runners knee, then elevating your knee above the chest level will be the best chondromalacia patella exercises. Elevation will increase blood circulation around your knee, which result in a decrease in swelling and pain. This chondromalacia patella exercises will also help in reducing toxin from the affected area.
While sitting or sleeping, put some pillows under your leg to rest and raise/elevate your knees. Raise the knee until you can during the day.
The cold compress is the best home remedies for chondromalacia patella because it can be beneficial in reducing pain and swelling. While applying the cold compress, it will suppress blood vessels, which will decrease blood flow in the area and swelling will decrease.
- Take some ice cubes and fill it in an ice bag
- Apply the ice bag directly to the affected area for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times in a day to treat runner’s knee.
You can also check out:- Fibromyalgia Treatment
It contains a compound called capsaicin, which gives natural analgesic or help in reducing pains and swelling.
- Prepare a paste by mixing 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper and 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- Apply this paste directly to the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this condromalacia patella treatment thrice a day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
To treat runners knee pain you can also use apple cider vinegar as it contains anti-inflammatory property. Because of this feature, it helps in reducing the pain and swelling by eliminating accumulated toxins from the joints and connective tissues.
- Prepare a mixture by adding ACV and warm water in equal amount.
- Take a clean towel and soak it in a mixture and remove excess water.
- Then apply the towel directly to the affected area for minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy for chondromalacia patellae twice a day.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Arthritis
You can use ginger as it’s a natural pain relief and also helps in reducing inflammation which occurs due to chondromalacia patella.
- Take small pieces of ginger and boil it in water for 10 minutes.
- For better taste add some honey to it.
- Now consume this ginger tea 2-3 times in a day.
- Alternatively, you can also massage your knee with some ginger oil.
Turmeric has many health benefits which can be attributed primarily to the harmful main active ingredient. This helps in reducing pain and swelling in the area of the affected knee.
- Prepare a paste by mixing 2 tbsp of turmeric powder and 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Apply this paste directly to the affected area.
- After applying paste cover the affected area with a bandage.
- After 2-3 hours remove the bandage and rinse out the paste with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this chondromalacia treatment thrice a day.
You can also check out:- Ingrown Toenails Removal
Castor oil is another excellent remedy to remove discomfort in Chondromalacia patella, such as pain and swelling in the knee. It also contains an anti-inflammatory property which helps in reducing swelling and pain.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in castor oil.
- Wrap around your knees with loose.
- Then cover the affected area with plastic wrap.
- Then, take a heating pad apply it over plastic wra[ for 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove the heating pad and leave the castor oil wrap on your knee night along.
- Repeat this chondromalacia patella treatment daily for few weeks.
These are some best and effective chondromalacia patella treatments which help in reducing swelling and discomfort of runners knee and reduce pain as well.