How To Treat Anal Skin Tags(Acrochordon):- Skin tags are flaps of the tissues that protrudes from the surface of the skin and are attached to the skin through a stalk. Many of the physicians may describe skin tag with acrochordon, cutaneous papilloma, and soft fibroma. All of these terms describe skin tags and are benign (noncancerous), painless skin growths. Although skin tags commonly found on the neck, eyelids, and armpits, they may form in any part of the body including in and around the anus.
Anal skin tags are often confused with hemorrhoids and warts. In the beginning, you may not even be aware of their appearance as they do not cause any symptoms. But as they grow and increase in numbers they become an issue of embarrassment and inconvenience. These anal skin tags/rectal skin tags, also known as hypertrophied papillae or fibroepithelial polyps usually occur at the opening of the anus. You must be wondering how did they get there. So let us first discuss causes of anal skin tags.
What Causes Anal Skin Tags
About 50 percent of the population suffers from skin tags. It is more common after middle age, in obese individuals, and in females. In some people, it can be an indication of type-2 diabetes or may run in families. But when talking about anal skin tags, there are different reasons responsible for their appearance. Usually, rectal tags formed as a result of coping with anal tears or fissures. The reasons behind the cracks and crevices around the anus are as follows:
- Constipation – Constipation causes dryness of stool. It makes the seat compressed and hard. When constipated, the passing stool becomes a painful process that produces stress and results in fissures.
- Rectal Surgery – Rectal skin tags may be formed due to the healing process that follows surgery.
- Childbirth – Complicated and painful childbirth results in anal skin tags.
- Anal Intercourse – Performing anal sex without proper lubrication may also be a cause.
Anal Skin Tag Symptoms
Generally, there are no symptoms of anal skin tags. Patient’s notice skin tags on anus while wiping their body. But the common symptoms of anus skin tags are:
- Bleeding from skin tags
You can also check out: – Home Remedies For Yeast Infection
Top 13 Home Remedies To Shrink Anal Skin Tags
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar(ACV) is a beneficial home remedy to remove the benign growth. Its acidic property attacks the tissues that cause the formation of skin tags.
- Properly clean the affected area.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- Wait for 5 minutes and then remove the cotton ball.
- Clean the affected area again.
- Repeat this three times in a day for about a month till the tag turns black, dies and disappears.
You can also check out: – How To Get Rid Of Genital Wart
2. Castor Oil And Baking Soda
Castor oil is again one of the painless and low budgets yet effective home remedy for anal skin tag. It drains all the moisture from the tags. It makes the tag wither and then die.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of castor oil.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of baking soda.
- Mix both the ingredients and make a paste.
- Apply it directly to the affected area.
- Repeat this remedy three times a day.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies to treat anal skin tags as it contains a powerful anti-microbial and antiseptic properties. Genuinely possesses healing properties. It is organic and safe to use at home.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the water.
- Then, put 2-3 drops of tea tree oil on the cotton ball.
- Slightly rub the cotton ball with the circular motion on an affected area.
- Repeat this remedy two times a day until skin tag on anus completely vanished.
You can also check out: – Treatment Of Corns And Calluses
4. Nail Polish
Nail polish is also a right way for hemorrhoid skin tag removal.
- Take any of the nail polish.
- Cover the skin tag with nail polish, and let it dry.
- Repeat it for 2-3 times a day for a few days until the tag completely fades off from the skin
Garlic has antiseptic and antibiotic properties and is also hot. It is an excellent way of getting a anal skin tag removed.
- Clean the affected area properly.
- Crush a garlic clove to make a paste.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it overnight.
- Rinse it off in the morning.
- Repeat this for a week or till the tag falls.
You can also check out: – Ringworm Natural treatment
6. Oxygen Deprivation
Oxygen deprived is not an easy way, but the most efficient way to remove anal skin tags. In the absence of oxygen, the skin tag will shrink and will naturally fall. It is better if you use a non-porous material for this purpose which is atmospheric and prevents the entry of oxygen in the skin tag.
- Apply a numbing ointment to the affected part.
- Now, cover the tag with a bandage.
- Try to keep the area clean and dry as much as possible.
- In the deprivation of the oxygen, the tag will die and fall.
Onion contains sulfur and iron components, and it is highly acidic which helps in treating anal skin tags. When onion gets combined with salt then it power gets boosted.
- Take the onion and chopped it.
- Then put these chopped slices in the salt-filled jar for a night.
- The juice of this mixture should be extracted on next morning and should apply to the anal skin tags.
- Repeat this remedy for two weeks to get rid of anal skin tags.
You can also check out: – Plantar Warts Treatment
8. Ice Cube
Freezing anal skin tags with ice cubes is another best home remedy. Applying excessive cold will have the stifling effect on cell growth and force them to fall out naturally.
- Rub ice cubes on the affected area with bumps.
- Follow a circular path while rubbing.
- Do this until ice-cube melts.
- To get rid of hemorrhoid skin tag repeat this remedy 5 times in a day.
9. Essential Oil
One of the best herbal treatment for removing skin tags on anus is an Essential Oil. The antifungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic abilities of these oils make it a fantastic herb to treat bad ailments.
- Mix 8 tbsp of sesame essential oil with 1 tbsp of critical oregano oil and ½ tbsp of basil essential oil.
- Now, soak a cotton ball in this mixture and apply it on the skin tag.
- Let it be for 30 minutes, and then, wash it off with water.
- Use this remedy once in a day until you get rid of the skin tag from eyelids or face.
- You can also apply a combination of lime essential oil and avocado oil.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Balanitis
10. Dandelion Stem Flower
It helps in treating many skin disease including skin tag on the anus. You just need to extract the sap of dandelion stem and apply it directly to the affected area. To cure anal skin tags repeat this remedy twice a day until you get rid of it properly.
11. Banana Peel
Yes, you can also use banana peel to remove anal skin tags at home. It has a property which dries the skin tag. Simply take a banana peel and cover the skin tag with it. To hold the banana peel overnight use a bandage. To remove hemorrhoid skin tag removal at home repeat this treatment every day.
You can also check out: – Anal Fistula Home Remedies
12. Pineapple Juice
To remove a skin tag from anus use pineapple juice. Just take the pineapple and extract the juice from it and apply this juice directly t0 the affected area. After a few minutes wash the affected area with water. Repeat this anal skin tags remedy for 15 days.
13. Vegetable Juice
- Mash potato and a garlic clove.
- Chop some cauliflower.
- Extract the juices from all three and mix.
- Apply it to the skin tag.
- Keep applying this juice for a few days every night, until the skin tag completely vanishes.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Genital Herpes
It is always better when you identify anal skin tags when they are younger and treat them with the help of the above home remedies. These measures are entirely safe; Under your budget, painless and efficient you can try any of these or their combination, but at the time of treatment it can be different from the person and according to the size of the tag.