Do you know the difference between sebaceous filaments and blackheads? They both tend to occur around the nose, on forehead or chin and that’s why we get confused between them. Blackheads is a skin condition and are considered as acne. Sebaceous filaments are tiny masses of horny detritus (sebum and dead cells) that collects around the hair follicles. They are pale yellow or white. They appear in the cluster and can be squeezed out on pinching the skin. However, pinching skin to extract them is not an ideal way to clear sebaceous filaments.
Sebaceous filaments have always been present on your skin, and in general, there is no need to eliminate them. Individuals with oily skin are more prone to it. In individuals with oily skin, the skin pores are larger, gets clogged easily and become noticeable. Sebaceous filaments diminish with age or when the skin dries. Apparently, you don’t need to wait to get old to get rid of them as there are numerous natural sebaceous filament treatments. Let’s discuss these approaches below.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Sebaceous Filament
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice is a natural astringent. It cleans the skin pores as well as controls the appearance of sebaceous filaments. Lemon is rich in citric Citric acid unclogs the pores and removes excess of oil. It breaks the fat naturally and restores the skin beauty.
What to do:
- Take a lemon and cut it into two halves
- Directly rub one of the lemon halves on the affected part.
- Wait for 5 minutes until your skin dries
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
You can also check out:- How To Treat Blackhead Naturally
- Sugar- Sugar is a natural exfoliator. It removes dead skin cells debris. Also, it opens pores and helps to get rid of sebaceous filaments.
What to do:
- Take a few tablespoon sugars
- Smash the sugar crystals to make sugar powder
- To 2 tablespoons of sugar add a tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix well to make a paste. If needed add some water.
- Apply the thick paste on the affected area
- Massage circularly with your fingers for 2 minutes.
- Wash off the paste with water.
- Repeat this once in a week to get rid of sebaceous filament.
- Baking soda- baking soda is one of the best home remedies to get rid of the sebaceous filament on the nose. It not only reduces oil on the skin but also acts as a natural exfoliator.
What to Do
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Add sufficient amount of water to a tablespoon baking soda to make a thick paste
- Apply the baking soda paste to your nose and chin
- Rinse it off after 3 minutes with warm water.
- Repeat this two times in a week.
You can also check out:- Home Remedies For Acne
- Apple cider vinegar- The antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar treats sebaceous filaments on the nose. Apple cider vinegar maintains the pH balance of the skin, removes skin impurities, controls pimples and ane and makes your skin clear.
What to do
- Take two tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix it with two tablespoons of water
- Soak cotton with this solution and apply on your face.
- Repeat this every alternate day
- Yogurt- Yogurt is rich in lactic acid. Lactic acid shrinks the skin pores. Yogurt is also rich in proteins and probiotics. It maintains the skin pH and nourishes the skin. Not just yogurt will clear off sebaceous filaments but will also render dark spot free and glowing skin.
What to do
- Take plain yogurt
- Apply a thin layer of yogurt to your face
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes rinse it off with regular water.
You can also check out:- Sebaceous Hyperplasia Removal
- Egg white- egg white tightens the skin and prevents bacteria from invading skin pores. Also, it tones and clears the skin.
What to do:
- Clean your face with warm water
- Whisk egg and extract egg white in a bowl
- Add a teaspoon of honey to it
- Mix the ingredients
- Apply to your face
- After the paste dries, rinse it off
- Repeat this once in a week to clear sebaceous filaments.
- Parsley- Parsley has the property to absorb skin poison. It is a natural astringent and uproots anything that clogs the skin pores. Also, it provides nourishment to the skin.
What to do
- Take a handful of parsley
- Crush them and steep in a cup of water
- Strain the solution
- Soak a cotton cloth with this solution and keep it on your face for 15 minutes.
You can also check out:- How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles
Clay mask– Clay mask is a well known sebaceous filament treatment. It has oil drenching property that penetrates deep into the skin and removes excess of oil. Clay masks have been used for ages to whiten and smoothen the skin.
What to do:
- Add a tablespoon of rose water to a tablespoon clay powder.
- Wash your skin and apply a clay mask
- After 15 minutes wash it off
- Repeat this once in a week.
Tips On How To Prevent The Development Of Sebaceous Filaments
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin If your skin is hydrated, the pores will be less constricted and open. Also naturally bacteria and excess of oil will be eliminated. Drink at least 9-10 glasses of water daily to prevent dead tissue build up and refresh your skin.
- Use natural skin care products rich in antioxidants that will stop the process of oxidation and will prevent the darkening of the sebaceous
- Do not pop sebaceous filaments or they will get infected and turn into pimples or blackhead.
- Clean your face daily with a salicylic acid based face cleanser. It will minimise the size of If you have oily skin avoid using an oil-based cleanser. Always use lukewarm water to wash your face. Avoid too hot or too cold water.
If sebaceous filaments are hindering your general appearance, try home remedies to remove sebaceous filaments discuss in our article. And yes do remember to give you feedback in the comment section below.